Easing brain fog
Are you looking for a way of easing brain fog? It may not be a formal diagnosis but I hear many people describe this phenomenon.
What do people mean by Brain fog?
- lack of mental clarity, often described as having a “cotton-wool head”, “fuzzy brain” or “cloudy thinking”
- concentration problems
Difficulties such as these may have an impact on your day to day life and in particular on your ability to work. Depending on your job, it may be hard to work fast enough or accurately enough or to concentrate sufficiently. In addition, these feelings frequently lead to:
- lack of motivation
- feeling down
I recently asked 10 people who came for a first consultation with an underactive thyroid to pick their 2 worst problems. 4 of them said brain fog, thinking clearly or memory.
Possible causes of brain fog include:
- low blood sugar or dehydration
- endocrine imbalances
- inflammation (the immune system is being activated by factors such as allergies, food sensitivities, grumbling infection or auto-immune illness)
How homeopathy can help
Treatment from a homeopath can help you start to restore balance, to address underlying issues like those listed above and so improve your clarity of thought.
As always with homeopathy, it is important to look in detail at your individual experience of brain fog. With memory problems, for example, we will explore in exactly what situations you are most likely to be forgetful. Do you have trouble remembering names? Perhaps you tend to forget what you are about to say or do? Is the main problem that you struggle to find the words for what you would like to express? Do you have more difficulty first thing in the morning or when you are tired or is there another factor you have noticed? A well chosen remedy matched to your individual symptoms can result in a rapid reduction in brain fog.
The following quotes are all from patients just a few weeks after their first prescription from me:
“I felt better almost immediately – like someone had put the lights on”
“I feel stronger, clearer headed”
“My memory is better. I’m more aware, got more focus”
“My brain fog has definitely shifted, my concentration is better and I feel more alert”
(You can read more detail on this last case in my post on memory problems with hypothyroidism )
Lifestyle measures to support homeopathic treatment
Positive lifestyle choices will enable you to get the most out of homeopathic treatment. Things to focus on include:
- Plenty of quality sleep- this needs to be a priority in rebuilding your health. If you have difficulty sleeping, homeopathic remedies can also help with this.
- Healthy food choices – I am happy to discuss these in more details with you but specifically:
- eating enough protein and healthy fats
- reducing your intake of sugar, refined carbohydrates and caffeine (and so balancing your blood sugar)
- avoiding any foods to which you are sensitive
- Moderating stress levels
This is just a brief introduction to this subject. You may like to read more in my more detailled post: How would it be if you could clear your brain fog? You are also welcome to ask me more about any of this, just book a free introductory chat with me. I look forward to hearing from you.